Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creating queries in QaaWS from stored-procedure based universe?

Hi,

I have created a Universe from a MySql stored procedure with 3 input parameters, one numeric and the other two DATE. When I created the universe, I also specified that I want to be prompted for a value for the parameters next time when the stored procedure is executed.

Right now I am stuck at a point where I need to create a query in QaaWS from this stored procedure based universe so that I will be able to run the query from Excelsius later. While I am in the query creation wizard, I am prompted to enter the values for the parameters. I am able to enter the value for the numeric parameters, but cannot enter any value into the fields provided for the two DATE parameters. Because of this, I am not able to proceeed with the query creation.

Does any body have any documentation or simple example of how to connect from Excelsius to a stored procedure from end to end? What did I do wrong with QaaWS? Is there a work-around?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Former Member
Former Member replied

You may struggle because unlike a table or a "normal" query, Xcelsius doesn't know what it will be getting from the stored procedure. You may be able to work round this with the combination of a function and a view depending upon what your stored procedure is doing.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question