Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View entire BI hierarchy tree without full authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible, for example, with a consolidations or profit center hierarchy, for users to see the entire tree structure but only execute reports in BI for the nodes for which they are authorized? As it stands, they only see the nodes for which they are authorized. I'm wondering if there is a flag we can turn on to allow them to see the entire hierarchy but still only have the access to those nodes for which they are authorized.

Thank you in advance!

-Sari

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way authorizations are built using hierarchies in BI, you are only allowed to see what you are authorised for. There are no flags that can be used for the scenario you require.

The present system i work on does not have any hierarchies loaded. So i am unabe to create a variable based on hierarchy.

I suggest you check the variables in query designer to see if you can select a variable of type hierarchy and then for processing by option, see if you can set it to manual input instead of processing by "authorization". In the details tab make sure "variable represents" is set to selection option. Give this a try and see if you are able to see the whole node.

Regards,

Prashant

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if there is a flag we can turn on to allow them to see the entire hierarchy but still only have the access to those nodes for which they are authorized

Together this 2 not possible. However value colon ":" provides value to overview level. I.e. highest level only.

Regards,

Arpan Paik