cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion Planning function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on currency conversion planning funciton.

My requirement is: I have a record

currency Type: 10 0AMOUNT: 100

When use currency conversion planning function, I need to have a new record

Currency Type: 20 0AMOUNT(will be having the value based on conversion type defined in the function).

Can you inform me how to create a new record with currency type 20 but using the same source keyfigure.(here we will use same keyfigure as source and target).

thanks,

amie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need

1) a copy function first to bring your data from curr type 10 to 20,

2) then a function for the currency translation

3) and then a delete function for the records from step 1 which are translated

be careful about currencies that stay the same even after translation (i.e. local curr is EUR and target cur is also EUR) because for these you will have only one data record in cur type 20 but i.e. when you translate from USD to EUR after step 2 you will remain with both data records

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I keept both Copy and Currency transalation in the same planning sequece? or in 2 different planning sequences?

My question for currency translation, copied data with Currency trype 20 should be physically in the cube or can it be done planning buffer itself? please advise me.

thanks,

Ravi.

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

put it all into one planning sequence. especially the delete. because then in the end when writing the data records the system will do an aggregation of the records.

regards

Cornelia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balajee_sivakumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amie,

Yes, you can use the same keyfigure as both source and target in Currency translation planning function.

But one thing you need to make sure is first you should create a "Currency translation type" using the Transaction code: RSCUR

where in you mention the 'Exchange Rate type', Source and target currency.

And you have to mention this "Currency translation type" while creating the Currency translation planning function.

For more details on "Currency Translation" Planning function kindly refer to the below link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/21c6d1880c6490e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Note:

One main important thing you need to take care if you are filtering currency type either in query or in the filter used in planning sequence where your currency translation function is used,

Kindly include both the source and target currency types in your selection.

Regards,

Balajee

Edited by: Balajee Sivakumar on Jun 7, 2011 2:20 PM