cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Position while changing the Put-away bin - SU Management

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using SU Management in our Warehouse. When the user is trying to change the bin in during put-away confirmation using desktop transaction (LT12), system ask to Specify position on bin Message no. L3607,how do we get rid of this. I donu2019t want the user to enter bin position, system should default the position.

Same scenario when the user does change put-away using RF LM03 and LM02 system defaults the bin section position from the original bin. I want system to propose the /1 if im give a new empty bin.

Appreciate your help

Edited by: RajWM8 on Jun 6, 2011 11:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error pops up when Putaway strategy is P and the Bin position (LTAP-NPPOS) is empty.

So check the LEIN table for the Storage Unit and check the field UVPOS, if values are there.

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes i agree. I am using put-away strategy P. Do i need to manually give the bin section when i wanted to change the bin while confining put-away? I am trying to put the pallet into a empty bin. system shud not ask the user to enter bin postion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whlile changing bin during confirmation of T.O, system will ask for bin section i.e. standard behaviour with strategy "P'

If you want to ge rid of this, have to go for development. You can use available FM's for Confirm T.O.Pls check with your developer.

Hope this helps you..

Rgds,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure the bin sectioning so that system will by default splits the bins into the number of sections depending on the number of LE pallatization which you configure to be allowed into a bin.Std SAP fucntion supports, pls check..

ex : say you have a mat M1 whose pallet size is say 100 qnty based on LE. and for instance the GR Qnty is lets say 1000 and say you have configure system that the number of bin section is only 5, In this case system will split for 10 items in TO

1st item to..5th item as bin 1/1...bin/5

and 5...10 as bin2/1...bin2/5...

this should work!.

I have a question here..

For instance if 1 type of SU is accupied in a bin and if I recieve another mat qith different SU, system will not allow me to put into the same bin though mixed storage X is set for the storage type..

lets say I have mat M1 with SU1and mat M2 with SU2

When i recive the GR for M1 and M2, System will propose the new bin for M1 and M2 with bin sectioning based on number of sections allowed as configured..... Manually also I cannot merge these two SU'S into one bin.

anybody know how to overcome this issue..any user exit available for Putaway strategy P.??

thanks

venkat