cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Explorer Error In Crystal Reports XI Release 2/Windows 7 Ultimate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with Crystal Reports XI Release 2 (11.5.8.826) and everytime I try to add data from the Database Fields in Field Explorer I get the following error: "Crystal Reports has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..." and then i get: "Crystal Rports has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available." And of course nothing else happens, I have to close CRXI R2 and start over. This happens on anything I try to add from the Field Explorer, any and all suggetions/help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you,

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Make sure you have SP 6 installed, Windows 7 was added to the supported platforms.

SP6: http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreports/CRYSTALREPORTS06_0-20008684.EXE

If that does not fix the issue make sure you are a local PC administrator when installing and have full rights to install. And then do a Repair install from Programs And Features.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thank you very much, I wasn't for sure what Service Pack to update, but by your recommendation, I installed SP6 and that did the trick. Everything is working great now, thank you very much for the help!

Dimitri

Answers (0)