cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The use of the dimension employees in PCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i am looking for information about the dimension employees in PCM, i want to use this dimension to control the expenses in human resources by title job. Example I have a director, Manager and i want to make the distribution to cost objects

If anyone has information how to use this dimension would very helpful.

Regards

Fco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Employees dimension has a corresponding grid value called EmployeeResourceDriverSplit which allows you to capture resource driver split values at a level of detail below the resource driver. For example you might have a RD called Hours but want to capture the time spent on various IT projects (PCM Activities) by employee. You could enter/load the RD splits at the employee level and have a detailed rule on the ResourceDriverSplit to sum the EmployeeResourceDriverSplit.

If you need to track employee time at the cost object level then you probably won't use the Employees Dimension, rather you likely utilize one of the cost objects to represent the job titles and enter activity driver values against them.

Hope this answers the question.

Best regards,

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP Labs, LLC

BusinessObjects Division

Americas Customer Solutions Adoption (CSA) team