cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale type D for group conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating a new group condition and am trying to make it scale type D - graduated-to-interval scale. However because this is a group condition, SAP is giving me an error (Scale type 'D' cannot be used for group condition 'X').

What is the best solution to this?

I would like to give discounts based on:

Sales quantity:

1-100 = 15% off

101-200 = 25%

201-300 = 35%

301-400 = 45%

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer OSS Note 930537 - Interval scales: Functions and restrictions. This is standard behavior of the system. The alternate I could think of is using the routine in the group condition routine field in V/06. I have not tried before, so you need to explore further.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is b'coz your condition type with active Group condition Indicator. That means, here the system calculates the basis for the scale value from more than one item in the document.

So, the scale D maintain in Scale basis for those condition type, does not go with it and throws an Error.

Thus, if you want to scale functionality for condition type with group condition indicators use GrpCond.routine to maintain routine.

Routine number for creating group key identifies a routine that calculates the basis for the scale value when a group condition occurs in pricing.

For instance. Check routine 3-Mat.Pricing Group. This is an example of a structure of group key formula. A structure of group key formula can be used to influence the basis the system uses when reading the scale of a group condition. The formula is assigned to a group condition type in customizing. Formula '3' adds up the quantities / values of all of the line items in the sales document that have the same material pricing group (field KONDM) as the current sales document line item. A company defines a particular discount (condition type Z001) with scales based on weight. When a sales order line item is priced that is eligible for the Z001 discount, the user would like the system to read the scale with not just the weight of the current line item, but the combined weight of all items in the sales document that have the same material pricing group as the current line item. To accomplish this, the user defines condition type Z001 as a group condition and assigns structure of group key formula '3' to it in customizing.

I hope this assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

I understand that it's not possible to do a scale type D for group conditions, but are there other solutions if we really need graduated-to-interval scaling? Maybe making several condition types? I'm not sure exactly how this would work though

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already mentioned, to use scales in group conditions, you need to have desired routine in place for the same.

But, as per standard most of scale routine available are based scales for weight.

Thus, you need have routine in place for your desired logic.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

i have group routine 3 in place, but what would I need to change in the routine to allow scale type 'D'? You mention a 'desired routine'...can you elaborate on this more? I specifically need this scale type (graduated-to-interval scale).

thanks,

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By desired "Routine", I mean to state that take assistance of ABAPer to write a routine for you interval scale.

As Routine 3 will not solve your requirement.

Regards

JP