Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web Application Designer (WAD) - Export to PDF contents

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm trying to modify the "Broadcast to PDF" settings in one of my web templates. Basically, end-users will run a report and run the broadcaster for that report. They will choose the output format to be a PDF. When they get the PDF in their email and open it up, I want to not only show the query, but also have a dynamic URL link contained within the PDF as well. As per my example, they would see the query itself, then at the bottom of the page, they would see a "Click Me" hyperlink that would open an IE session and direct them to a specified URL.

Anyone ever have any success with doing something similar? I've tried using the LINK_ITEM object... but when you open the PDF, it never brought along the hyperlink. Likewise, trying to insert a hyperlink directly or writing a javascript to execute within a container, also did not get brought along in the PDF. If you execute the report via iView, they all show up... it's just when you go to a PDF, the provided links never go along with them. I ran into a document that stated that you could only point to the following objects when the template is basically exported to a PDF:

● Analysis

● Chart

● Maps

● Report

● Info Field

● List of Exceptions

● List of Conditions

● Text

None of those objects allow you to embed an HTML hyperlink or javascript. Is this truly the limitation? Or has someone found a way to hack around this to include an embedded HTML hyperlink or javascript in the PDF output?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question