Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Web Application Designer (WAD) - Export to PDF contents

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm trying to modify the "Broadcast to PDF" settings in one of my web templates. Basically, end-users will run a report and run the broadcaster for that report. They will choose the output format to be a PDF. When they get the PDF in their email and open it up, I want to not only show the query, but also have a dynamic URL link contained within the PDF as well. As per my example, they would see the query itself, then at the bottom of the page, they would see a "Click Me" hyperlink that would open an IE session and direct them to a specified URL.

Anyone ever have any success with doing something similar? I've tried using the LINK_ITEM object... but when you open the PDF, it never brought along the hyperlink. Likewise, trying to insert a hyperlink directly or writing a javascript to execute within a container, also did not get brought along in the PDF. If you execute the report via iView, they all show up... it's just when you go to a PDF, the provided links never go along with them. I ran into a document that stated that you could only point to the following objects when the template is basically exported to a PDF:

● Analysis

● Chart

● Maps

● Report

● Info Field

● List of Exceptions

● List of Conditions

● Text

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/68ce8391886e47e10000000a422035/frameset.htm]

None of those objects allow you to embed an HTML hyperlink or javascript. Is this truly the limitation? Or has someone found a way to hack around this to include an embedded HTML hyperlink or javascript in the PDF output?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question