cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Data Extract Delta not working for table maintained with SM30

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a custom table in ECC that is being maintained with a table maintenace view using transaction SM30. We have written a Generic Data Extractor (GDE) on this table that is delta enabled on a timestamp field that is updated using an SM30 'Event".

When we update the table entries using SM30 it does not create a delta update that we can collect with out Generic Data Extractor. The delta queue for our GDE shows in RSA7, but it does not show any record count after an update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

André

You are correct, I don't see the record count change in RSA7, but after I run the infopackage in BW to extract the data the delta pointer date and time values in RSA7 change.

The wierd part is the delta pointer values change but it does not bring an records to BW even thought I have added records in ECC.

Regards,

Mike...

a_nagelhout
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mike,

Strange indeed. In that case I would check the following:

1. Is your time stamp based on the right field? (maybe you picked "creation date" instead of "change date"?). If in doubt try to add a record instead of changing a record.

2. check the change you made on the table using SE16(N).

3. extract the data only to the PSA (to make sure there is no logic touched in the flow that "eliminates" records).

4. make sure there are no entries in CMOD that force records to be skipped.

best regards, André

a_nagelhout
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You won't see any records in RSA7. What you will see is a "pointer" icon in the "Stat." column. If you click on this icon you will see the Delta-Relevant Field and the Current Status of this field (in your case the time stamp).

best regards, André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have done Delta Initialization for the DataSource right? Can you check table ROOSGENDLM in ECC/R3? Check if any timestamp value is maintained against your DataSource.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.