cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating metrics to the item dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am trying to make use of the possiblity to show 'metrics' in the item dashboard. This should according to the PPM configuration guide be possible via the IMG path SAP Portfolio and Project Management>Global Customizing>Global Field Settings>Dashboard Settings>Dashboard Settings.

My assumption is then that metrics added using the above IMG node should show as new hidden columns when looking at the 'settings' for the dashboard view in the UI.

This do however not happen. Any ideas / suggestions as to what I may have misunderstood / missed?

Regards / Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. I added the metrics to the item dashboard in IMG customizing but the columns ar not visible.

I added the metrics with the parent object type RPH (and because that does not work with RIH and RBH) but non of these are working. the columns are still not listed in the item dashboard.

Is there anything else to do?

Did you maintain the dashboard context for scenario WS and objecttype RIH?

Best Regards

Isabella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the soluton for my problem. I maintained the wrong role in customizing. the role rpm_port has to be maintained (where you add the metrics to the dashboard). Then the columns are visible in the dashboard

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Isabella;

Can you please give us and step by step to maintained the Rol RPM_PORT, because this Role it's not a security issue.

Best regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

I am not sure if you still have this problem. Please follow the steps below to get the metrics.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management>Global Customizing>Global Field Settings>Dashboard Settings>Dashboard Settings

Use Parent object: RPH

Role: RPM_PORT ( if you want to see the metrics value only in the dashboard within Portfolio Management for items); use role RPM_ITEM in case you want to see the metrics value within the item dashboard under "My Portfolio Objects"

Add the metric you want to see in the dashboard.

Regards,

Ananth

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anantharam;

I will back soon with this metrics.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

We added keyfigures to the item dashboard through IMG settings, but they do not show up in the item dashboard. Please let us know what we would have missed.

swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eventually worked for us when the parent object type was set to RPH.