cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting in-line variable into a text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to add a variable within a text field (dymanic value within a sentence). Basically, I want the form to display something like the following:

"The person named <person name> is an employee of the company"

The only way I could do this so far is by creating three elements on the form: the first is a text element that contains "The person named", the seond is a text field element with no label that contains the "<person name>" variable, and the third is another text element that contains "is an employee of the company."

I don't really like this approach as if the name of the employee is too long, it might get cut off. If it was too short, there will be a lot of extra space between the name and the rest of the sentence.

Another solution is to pass a string variable with the complete text (I'll have to build the string before calling the form). Similarly, I can pass an internal table with the text. I don't think either of these two solutions is ideal as LifeCycle designer should provide an easier way to do so (just like in SmartForms).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor

Hi Abdullah Azzouni ,

This is possible to add a dynamic text between the static text in Adobe form.

For that suppose you have a Static Text field TEXT1 on your layout. Just right click over the text inside this field and on the pop-up choose "Floating Text". It will create a textfield in your subform. Now bind this newly created textfield to the field in the datasource say PERNR in your case.

It will appear like: "The person named is an employee of the company"

In this way you can add a dynamic text in between your static text in a text field.

Regards,

Vaibhav

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I am recently looking on the translation on smartforms text module. When we use it on se63, there s an error saying object not found. If I have to use it in adobe form, this could end up as a problem. Texts within text elements are more easier?

Answers (0)