cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOV Sort in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Variable created in BEx Query for Calender Year/Month and also List of Values (LOV) object come from the Bex Query to the Universe

LOV is working finr, but default the values are in ascending order. Do we have any solution or approach to get these list of values in descedning order. I am looking for some tricks in Universe or in Bex query. I am aware to sort this in Web I reports.

Currently, we get - 2001001, 2001002... 2011001, 2011002..

We expect as - 2011002, 2011001, 2010012, ....., 2001002, 2001001.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai_BO

In the object properties ...goto edit...right above the result object pane...there is a Manage Sorts button.....set up descending sort for your required object here.....say ok...sav and close and export the universe....you should get your objects LOV in descending order...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharadwaj,

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion would work only for relational universe.

As I have stated earlier, our Universe built on SAP Bex Query. In Olap Universe, "Edit" button in object properties are disabled. I am looking for sort the LOV either in Bex Query itself or in the Universe object.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run a query, you (or your user) can click on the heading of the LOV display to reverse the sort order. I am not aware of a way to set this permanently on non-relational universes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave for the reply.

Yes, currently users are doing the same (click on the heading of the LOV display to reverse the sort order).

Thought whether we could have any option in Universe or in Bex query to get in descending order as we do in relational universes.

Most of our reports have many prompts, in that they would like to see all the LOV in descending order.

Thanks

Jai

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have to tried to set the descending order on the object in the Bex query and then check LOV in the webi report.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (0)