Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging instructions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I had a question about packing functionality

i had a material (Mouse), and it should be packed in 3 different steps with 3 packing materials (1 cardboard, 2 paper, 3 box), i have defined the packing material grp, and assigned packaging materials to it, now in the delivery or in shipment, how will the user know in what sequence should be the packing done in sequence, as we know that packing will be specific to customer which means flow from "Incoterms" from SD document, so depending on that the user will know what "Instructions" he need to use for that customer, but "How will the user know the sequence", and how are the "Packing instructions" assigned, and to what are they assigned??

Regards,

MAX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Packing Instructions whch will tell you how to pack.

Transaction: POP1.

Create a packing instruction

Step1: Enter P and enter the box (packaging material in SAP) and the target quantity and in the next line - Enter I (Sub packaging instru) and the packaging instruction number of Step2.

Step2: Enter P and enter the Cardboard (packaging material in SAP) and the target quantity and in the next line - Enter I (Sub packaging instru) and the packaging instruction number of Step3.

Step3: Enter P and enter the Paper (packaging material in SAP) and the target quantity and in the next line - Enter M (Material) and the Mouse.

Transaction POF1.

Enter SHIP and select Material / ship to party.

Then enter the Ship to Party and Step1 packaging instruction.

When the autopack is done, you will know the sequence it has to packed. Eg: 0 ,1 ,2 3, .. in the delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot it really helped me to get a clear understanding.

Regards,

MAX

Answers (0)