cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to Backend System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am currently facing problem of connecting to backend system.

Following error message is recieved in VC

Failed to connect to Backend System.Check your System definition and user privileges.

I have defined the following

1. System and alias sap_r3 is already available in the VC builder

2. SAP User has been already assigned to VC User.

3. I am able to access SAP system through PORTAL -> System Administation -> Support --> SAP Application.

When i try to connect to backend more than 3 times using VC Find Data Login user is getting locked.

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP transaction test is not relevant to test connectivity for visual composer. VC uses the connector framework of the portal to connect to the backend, not AppIntegrator (like SAP transaction). to check connectivty of connector framework try to create RFC iview in the portal or refer to note 785029.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabi,

Thanks for your Note. Problem is due to my password. I have always entered value in small letters but it requires Capital.

It works now

Regards

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It sounds to me like the user you are mapping in the backend system has the wrong password mapped in the portal.

Check your user id and password you are using in the user mapping and see if that fixes your issue.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the connectivity through Support Desk

SAP Application -> SAP Transaction -> System myAlias

Transaction VA01. I could able to logon to SAP R/3 system.

But when i tried to make connection test through System Administration -> System Configuration -> my SAP System -> Connection Test through Connector . I am getting the following error^

Connection Error . MAke sure that User Mapping is correctly maintained and connection parameter is correctly maintained.

Regards

Ajay