cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on starting and stopping using Buttons In SAP BusinessOne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement that Add-on should be start and stop should be done using Button. When ever i click on Button add-on should start and after click the button add-on should be stop...

anyone have any idea...

Thanks,

Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... stopping it is no problem, you can stop the addon with a button. But starting it with a button? What is going to place this button in B1? And what is going to handle the event of the button being pressed to start the addon?

This can't be done without creating another addon (or using an existing one) just to create the button and listen for its event. So it kind of defeats the purpose.

But all users can have access to addon manager, why not just trigger it from there, where there already are Start and Stop buttons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both buttons in Delivery form . User start the add-on from the delivery form , and from delivery form he pulls the data to shipping form , after that stop the add-on .

Is this possible??

Thanks,

Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what is going to put the buttons on the form? This was the point I was making. Only an addon can add buttons to a system form.

Why do you need to start and stop the addon like this? Why not just run it as a normal addon, which adds the buttons to the form, and runs the process when the user clicks them. This is a much simpler approach.

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could build and addon that is actually not stopped (so it can press the button) but instead just set a falg in DB/Memory if the business logic should be executed from the add-on. We do something similar and wors ok.

Answers (0)