cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TextField needs to be made editable on conditional basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We have a requrement to make a field editable on conditional basis. We have some templates for rfx . For templates , the field needs to be editable but when we are creating any rfx using that Template , that field needs to be appeared as non-editable in that rfx.

Example- System have a template for Rfx called ABC_RFX_Template . In that template the field should appaer as editable abut when user is creating any Rfx using ABC_RFX_Template , the field should appear as non-editable so that user can not edit that field .

Can you please help me ?

Regards

Sudipta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

You could use conditional page customization to achieve this. Create a new page customization for the field you are interested in and use IS_TEMPLATE on the dimension field and set the editable attribute to TRUE.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply..

Accroding to your suggestion , I have createda a new text field which is by default editable. Now I need to keep it editable for Rfx Template and need to make non-editable for rfx ( Created using that template ) .

So for this , I tried to set the editable property as No . This is making the field non-editable for all the rfx templates as well as rfx created using that template.

But I need to make the field as editable for tempaltes.

How can I do it ?

Regards

Sudipta

0 Kudos

In addition to adding the page customization on the field, you also need to add the dimension. Set Dimension Field = IS_TEMPLATE Dimension Field = Boolean and Dimension Value=Yes.

Hope this helps.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram

Your help was useful to me.