cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link original document line description to journal line

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an XLR report that almost replicates the standard General Ledger Report in SBO,

with the exception of ALSO displaying the Original marketing document line description and row

number.

For Example:

AP Invoice of type Service posted with 2 rows,and description entered into each row on the AP

Invoice. When the document is added, a journal is created but the journal rows number do not

necessarily match the document row numbers (understandable.)

in the XLR report, I am using the parameters and dimensions from 'Financials' and therefore am able to

pick up info from the OJDT and JDT1 tables, and pull this information through onto row expansions of

the journal line details grouped by account number, however I would like also to display the marketing

document line description where appropriate EG info entered into INV1.dscription.

It would appear that I am not able to do this directly on the XLR line expansion, and so I created a view

in SQL listing all the row information from the INV1 table including the INV1.linenum field (with the idea

of bringing in the view into the XLR Report and looking up the information from this view) this is fine,

but in the SQL view I also want to display the corresponding line number from the JDT1 table, and can

not find a way of joining.

Can you help me please

Unable to get the information without returning duplicate results

single line detail for each journal line listing journal details and also the original marketing document line

number and description.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please close your old threads. No one will look them up anyway.

For this question, I would suggest you go by Crystal Report. XLR has more restrictions than CR.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon

I didn't think so, but wanted to check with the experts.

I'm not sure it will be possible to do it in CR either, as the same SQL logic applies, and following R&D I have found that in SQL it is not possible to link the Line info from the marketing documents to the line information of the resulting journal.

Will close my previous threads

Nicola