Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 6.0 EhP4 patch to SPS09 - SW Comp not included in the queue

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

we need to patch an ECC6 EhP4 to Support Package Stack 09.

I used the solution manager to calculate the queue, and I saw that some SW Component were excluded in the queue.

When I use SPAM in ECC to create the queue the SW Component excluded from the Solution Manager are listed in green (sic).

My question: what is the technical reason of this behaviour? Is it correct to include all SW Component in the patching?

Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to answer your question, could you please share more information about which all packages has been excluded by solution manager and their patch level ? What all technical usage type you have installed on ECC system ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

it seems to me that I am in the same trouble...

I need to upgrade my ecc6 ehp4 from sps7 to sps10 and when I do the calculation of spam queue (version 41), even if all the sps10 is in the usr\sap\trans\EPS\in , a few components like ECC-DIMP are listed with actual level 000 (WRONG, the actual is 028) and target level 000 (obviously wrong, the target is 030)

Any ideas really appreciated

cheers

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This problems interests me too.

We are in EHP3 stack 01 want to upgrade to EHP5 stack 06. During MOPZ queue calculation, it doesn't retrieve SPs for some Software components :

IS-OIL

IS-H

IS-M

IS-UT

IS-PS-CA

FI-CA

FI-CAX

As a result... these components won't be patched and i wonder weather it is good or not to do it...

Is this normal that Mopz doesn't retrieve some SPs for Software components that are stack-dependent ?

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I've doublechecked the mopz procedure and I discovered that in the phase "Select Stack-Dependent Files", if you expand the branch FI-CA (even if it seems already ok) you have to flag file name like K-60019INFICA.SAR

Do you have the section FI-CA (for example) in the phase that I mentioned before?

Let me know

bye

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello amontella,

I don't even have the entry FI-CA in the MOPZ in step "Select Stack-Dependent Files".

This is the same for IS-OIL, IS-UT... (all the IS software component)

Best Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found my answer in note 1298878

"When the Maintenance Optimizer calculates the required software packages for the enhancement package installation, the behavior regarding Support Packages for industry solutions is as follows:

If you have not activated any industry solution in your system, then the Maintenance Optimizer calculates Support Packages for all industry solutions.

If you have activated one or more industry solutions, the Maintenance Optimizer only calculates Support Packages for the activated industry solutions."

That explains why some Support Packages are not retrieved by the MOPZ.

Best Regards,

Christian

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Valerio, Is your Solution manager patched to SPS 23 ? If no, Please patch your Solman first so as to have correct patches for EHP4 in MOPZ(maintenance optimizer). Also, Could you please check if your system is added correctly in solman.

what is the technical reason of this behaviour? - replied above

Is it correct to include all SW Component in the patching? - Yes, it is better to include all patches in Support pack stack.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | AO

Edited by: Amber S on Jun 6, 2011 10:25 PM