cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI abnormality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We used the BAPI_PBSRVAPS_GETDETAIL2 to extract data from one version of SNP planning area. Everything is fine in "exporting" parameters while in the TABLES parameters, we are facing the problem with the parameters 'key_figure', 'key_figures_value' and 'characteristics_combination' and identified that no value is being considered here; while the parameter 'key_figure_selection' is successfully considering the appropriate ones.

Anyone has any idea on what might have gone wrong here... we didnt use 'READ_OPTIONS' parameter; but I guess this should not be any problem.

The same program BAPI is working fine with less volume of data.. not having any clue for now... need your help here...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found answer in the function module documentation in SM37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Read Options are used to minimize your data volume using criteria you set in there. However this should not be the reason for no output.

Since you are saying the BAPI is returning data when less data is pulled, please use Read options to reduce the data volume and then check if the BAPI populates the relevant tables.

Thanks,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the hint. I actually came to know that this standard BAPI at once can take only 10000 combinations at max and would not process much. So, we were trying to find an alternative for this.

Please let me know how the READ-OPTIONS parameter is used. For example, if I want that BAPI to operate only on 5000 records at once, should I put 5000 as a value for this parameter or how does it go?

Please help. Thank you very much for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was there any value returned in "number_of_char_combs" parameter?

Please provide more details on the parameters passed to the BAPI.

Regards,

Jatin