cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift Administration in Batch manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Shift Administration, when i click on Shift Plan tab i page is not working and i get this error

"Error name: TypeError - Error message: Object doesn't support this property or method - Error description: Object doesn't support this property or method - Error number: -2146827850"

Did any one faced the similar issue? I am not sure why I get this error though everything seems to be working ( the transaction, queries....) I even tried deleting the temporary internet files and cache and checked but no success.

Would be great to hear from someone with the solution to solve this issue

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone guide me on this.

P.S : If I refresh the page then the page loads with no error which I used to get earlier but when i select the Factory drop down list, I don't get any response from the page and I need to close MII forcefully.I see this issue with other tabs of Shift Administration as well. MII Version is 12.1

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 28, 2011 12:48 PM

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 28, 2011 12:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wot version of JRE are you using ont the client machine where you see this error?

Can you try a different client with a different JRE version and see if you still get the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a JRE 6 on my machine,all my colleagues who are part of setting up this templates get to this error on their machines too.

Thanks,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other errors on the Java Console?

Did you try putting an alert and debugging the application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I activated JAVA Console but I don't see anything in there. Sometime soon I click on a ShiftPlan tab the system gets hanged with no option left I had to endtask the application.

I am not sure how to debug the application, as these are default templates I assumed it should work fine.

P.S : I do get a different error now " Error name: SyntaxError - Error message: Target applet or JVM process exited abruptly - Error description: Target applet or JVM process exited abruptly - Error number: -2146827287"

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Jun 28, 2011 4:10 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

There are probably as many ways to troubleshoot as there are MII developers.

I would start with opening the display template for the page(s) with the error in the Workbench. Then execute it from there (you may have to point it towards the correct query template). If that runs without error, save the html (view source and scrape it into a new irpt). Then execute that page after saving. Depending upon when you experience the error, you may then want to execute the query separately (and if Xacute, the underlying transaction).

Alternatively, you could start with the problem page saved as a separate file (I usually create a project named Dummy or Testing). Then after each error start ripping out chunks of javascript and applets until you figure out where the error comes from.

Either method presumes that the log files and other messages provide no indication of where the error comes from.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mike for your inputs. I have tried to trace the issue and across this error " com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AS'.u2019.with the query "SAP_BM/ESB/Masterdata/Planning/SelShiftDefinitionListQuery"

When I check the SQL Query it is as is

SELECT

[Param.2]  

AS name,

ShiftDefinition.idShiftDefinition AS idShiftDefinition

FROM ShiftDefinition

INNER JOIN ShiftDefinition_lang

ON ShiftDefinition_lang.idFactory = ShiftDefinition.idFactory

AND ShiftDefinition_lang.idShiftDefinition = ShiftDefinition.idShiftDefinition

WHERE ShiftDefinition.idFactory =

[Param.1]  

order by ShiftDefinition.timeBegin asc

No Clue, I wonder as it is a default template for SAP BM and I didn't do any changes. Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 18, 2011 6:24 PM

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 18, 2011 6:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use

'[Param.1]' and '[Param.2]' 

in place of

[Param.1] and [Param.2]

I guess you are passing blank in param 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anshul, It solved the query issue...I don't know I did I missed it.

Moving ahead I found a issue with ShiftPlanningXacQuery when I run this I get this error "Could not evaluate conditional node[conversion exception]..I looked at the transaction it is talking too and the in the transaction properties I didn't understood the input for Illumlogin as "ysa" and local properties also have the start and end dates for shift planning and for next shift dates as well.

Thanks,

Raveen

P.S : The underlying transaction "ShiftPlanningTransaction" is working fine

Edited by: raveensap on Jul 18, 2011 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Try substituting your ID and pwd for the IllumLogin* inputs. I think that ysa are the initials of the original developer and are meant to be overwritten somewhere in the process.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made some progress and now when I run the shiftplanning.irpt page I get the error "no log area defined" . I assume page is getting hanged because of this. Can someone guide me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I faced the same issue .When I commented the logwrite() & clearFields() functions ,then browser showed the error line.It fixed the javascript & issue got resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I can only see the function for clearFields() and don't see any function for logwrite(), can you pelase point me to the line number to comment logwrite. Would be very helpfull

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Jul 26, 2011 11:31 AM

Edited by: raveensap on Jul 26, 2011 1:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

The LogWrite() function is used in most of the functions .I dont exactly remember the line since I have customized the function.

Any way if that doesn't work please comment the Try & Catch Blocks.Let the browser throw the error line in javascript.

I am sure there is some logical error somewhere because even I faced same problem when I initially started with Shift Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Sorry for getting back lately on this as I am involved in some other projects not able to work on this. I am able to work with the Shift Plan page now, as per your suggestions I did put a comment and page is coming up and even I can enter the values but the execute planning button & Remove future Shift Planning buttons are not active and I don't see any list coming up for Shift list and Team list.

Can you please guide me further please.

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on Aug 15, 2011 3:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

The Buttons are disabled because I guess you have not preconfigured data. You need to create factory users, teams & shifts. These are mandatory. The transaction called on create plan has a bug of some unknown variable, you need to fix that too when the buttons become visible.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha