cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any experience with EVault from i365 (Venyu/Amerivault) for backups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For years we have used Legato for our system backups, but last year we outsourced our data center to a company that relies heavily on a backup partner called Venyu. They use a product called "EVault" from i365 to backup only the bits that have changed from one backup to the next. I understand they have a Windows Agent that might work for some of our systems.

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Does anyone know if its compatible with Oracle 11g? I've never worked with a product that operates the way this one does and it makes me a little uncomfortable - I am just looking for someone to confirm that it works ok or that they had problems in certain areas.

Thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

-Rob Solomon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> For years we have used Legato for our system backups, but last year we outsourced our data center to a company that relies heavily on a backup partner called Venyu. They use a product called "EVault" from i365 to backup only the bits that have changed from one backup to the next.

This sounds to me like a "deduplication" thing - some software vendors do that too.

I don't know this software but I'd definitely check with them directly.

Markus