Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Valuated Sales order stock - Goods Receipt

I am trying to better understand the concept of 'Valuated Sales order stock" and I read in the SAP documentation that:

"When you are using a valuated sales order stock, externally procured individual requirements materials are assigned to the sales order stock at the net order price at the time of the goods receipt"

But I find that in our SAP system, this is not the case. Externally procured materials are valued at whatever price they are costed in the sales order they are used.

I can have a PO whose net price is 5000 Euros for Material X but if that same Material X is costed at 8000 Euros in the Sales order to which is it used, the GR for Material X will be at 8000 Euros.

(the PO for Material X is assigned against the sales order).

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what is meant by "externally procured individual requirements materials"?

In the example above, material X is not the Finished Goods sold to customer through the Sales order. It is a component that is involved in the production of the FG.

It seems to me more logical that Material X value be based on the cost estimate computed in the sales order rather than on the PO Net price...

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedbacks!

Best regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question