cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff Delivering TERP10 -Queries regarding Grey Areas in the content-

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to obtain a list of all UA staff members that are delivering TERP10. Is anyone aware of a list like that?

The reason I want this, is that there are some "grey" areas within the TERP10 materials that would be good to have a general view of these.

For example, I have a burning question regarding organisational levels. Although we know that Client is the highest organisational level and thus is implicitly used in all units (PP,MM SD, etc) there are some units that do not clearly specify whether client is used or not. For example, in procurement (unit 4) the slides clearly specify that client is one of the organisational level used in this unit, however, in inventory management and warehouse management (unit 😎 and sales order management (unit 9) client is not specified as an organisational unit. The problem here is not understanding, but at the time of the exam. What a student would write is he/she is asked if Client is an organisational unit used in SD? my view is that should say yes, but the materials are not clear about this.

Looking forward to your replies

Alan S

Brunel University UK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion,we should not regard client as an organisation unit. it is just a container for all organisation unit.

client :In commercial, organizational, and technical terms, a self-contained unit in an SAP system with separate master records and its own set of tables.

organizational unit :An element in the logical structure of an SAP System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kefa your point about a client being a 'container' for organizational units is interesting. The definition of client that you postedand I know that it came verbatim from the SAP glossaryis one that I find particularly perplexing and misleading. Anyone who has programmed in ABAP knows that a client does not have "its own set of tables." Multiple clients can share the same set of tables. I've always been puzzled why SAP lists that as their formal definition of a client.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your answers.

First I want to highlight the issue that my query is regarding TERP10 materials and not the concept itself. When you are training students in TERP10 they are concern about which is the correct answer, as the need to know this when they face the SAP certification exam.

In this note and after a good debate with my colleagues we found that SAP classifies organisational levels in different ways. For example, if you are asked which is the "highest" organisational level in - lets say- procurement, then the answer is Client. However, if you ask which is the "central" organisational unit in procurement, then the answer is not client but Plant.

One question that still puzzle us is what would be the answer to the question:

Select ALL organisational units "USED" in procurement. Then the answer should be Client, Company Code, Purchasing Organisation/Purchasing group and plan. If you look at TERP10 material you find this information in the slides. However, when you look at Financial Accounting, in the section when they describe the organisational units used, Client is not mentioned at all. So we know we use Client in FI but it is not mentioned. What a student should answer if they asked to select all organisational nits used in FI? Selecting Client to me is a correct answer but I am not sure if this is correct, as SAP did not specify Client in their materials.

Any views on this?

Thanks for your help

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Iu2019m not a TERP10 instructor but I do agree with your reasoning.

Regards,

Kevin