Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM 7.2 - enhancement UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have this specific request from our customer:

1. They want to reset the passwords for a list of users in their IC.

For that, we thought that it should be possible to create a new UI screen, that displays the list and an extra button to reset the password for the selected users.

How can we handle this request? Do we need to create a new Java Web Dynpro based on the REST Webservice, or are other options more relevant?

2. Is it possible to enhance the default Java Web Dynpro's from IdM? for example an extra button on the screen?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would do it via REST interface and probably with MX_ASYNC_REQUEST or a similar custom entry type.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thought so.

Thanks for the replies.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm......

SAP moved IDM functionality away from this after the MaXware acquisition. MIC was able to do batch or single entity operations.

Not sure how to possibly address this.

Biggest problem here is how do you set passwords for a group of users? Do they all get random passwords? How are they notified? I'm assuming they are users already in the system.

Some more details about the use case would be helpful.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply

Well all the users gets a random generated password and are notified by mail.

Pieterjan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do they get mail if they don't have a password? In any case. I can't think of a really good way to do this. I can, however think of a lot of bad ways.

Most of these would involve looking at each entry individually and setting some custom attribnute to mark that the password needs to be generated. then have a scheduled task to look for these entries every so often and do the password change / email.

Like I said, it's not a good way. The problem is that IDM is not designed to do mass operations anymore.

I think holding out for the REST interface might be your best shot.