cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same position with changed EE group and subgroup issue in Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query which needs to be addressed quickly. Our client has a requirement wherein a position (already used for an employee) has been changed to be assigned to a new employee group and subgroup with a new date. The position is assigned to one of the employees. The employee will still continue to be on the same position but on the new employee group and subgroup. This change in employee group / subgroup logically should be updated in the employee's master data as per the position assigned. For this we need to do an Org Reassignment with the new effective date similar to the position change. However, this is not being updated in the master data and the master data continues to display the old employee group and subgroup.

We found one solution (which is not an acceptable solution), wherein we can remove the position while doing an Org Reassignment (PA40-IT0000-Actions) and provide the same position once again in the position field. This does update the new employee group / subgroup. Ideally, this would not be a correct approach when there is no change to the Position field in IT0000/IT0001.

This issue does not occur when the Position has been changed to be available for a new Personnel area/subarea as these get updated in IT0000 as default values from position.

Please let me know if you would know a possible solution for this query. Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

You can get all the entreis defaultly when u enter the position in 0001.

Here you said that position is already occupied by one person and will continue further.

My question is how you are assigning the same position to another EE. if it may 50% n 50%?

Have you mentioned as 50% n 50% in PO13 for that Holder assignment (%) to the position A008.

Can you please give some more details if possible.

and

check the feature whether its defaulted r not to copy the same entries from the previous screen in DFINF for that infotype with X mark.

Thank you.

Edited by: ksrinivasibs on Jun 7, 2011 11:35 AM

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the operation you have given for the Organisational Reassigment ? for infotype 0001 in table V_T588D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

We have used COP (COPY) for IT0001 for Org Reassignment.

Thanks,

Shilpa

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you test the action by replaceing COPY with INS or INSS. Please do let us know the result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

I have tried changing the IT0001 infogroup from COP to INS and INSS. It still does not change in IT0001 with Org Reassignment.

Is there any other way if this can be done?

Rgds,

Shilpa

former_member139796
Participant
0 Kudos

can you check in The Employee Group/Subgroup Infotype (1013) if the employee group and employee sub group record is created.

if the record is created can you try once removing it.

i hope it will work.

All the Best.