Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recurring inspection

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having one clarification on recurring inspection. Suppose if we maintain inspection interval as 3 days in material master in QM view then material goes in to quality inspection after 3 days automatically or we have execute some job in the background for this ?. Can anybody throw some light on this........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to run a batch job. See transaction QA07. You schedule this according to your needs.

There is a lot of info on the Internet on this process. Please do a google search on QA07 or "SAP recurring inspection" or "SAP reinspection".

FF

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you plz explain in detail. I have material X with recurring inspection activated and inspection interval as 10 days which is maintained in material master and all other QM related master data maintained like MIC's, Inspection plan. Now Material has to go to quality inspection after 10 days. For this what i have to do in QA07. Plz explain....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No offense but did you even TRY to google this and do some reading?????

I did:

From the search string "QA07 recurring inspection" in google I got links to 4 threads in SAPfans in the first returnned resul:

The SAP Fan Club Forums u2022 View topic - QA07 Recurring Inspection ...12 posts - 4 authors - Last post: Jun 29, 2006

In the initial screen for QA07, there is a selection 'additional goods movement at time of recurring inspection'. Perhaps you selected the ...

www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=225622 - Cached

QA07 report initial run in ...u200E - 2 posts - Nov 23, 2009

recurring inspection of ...u200E - 7 posts - May 11, 2007

Inspection lot in qa07u200E - 5 posts - Dec 2, 2003

No inspection lot for QA07u200E - 3 posts - Nov 27, 2002

More results from sapfans.com »

I also got the following links as well from the google search "QA07 recurring inspection SDN". This gave me 4 more threads to look at.

SAP Community Network Forums: Difficulty in Recurring Inspection ...2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Jan 4

I was creating Lot for recurring Inspection using TCode :QA07 , i entered material no , plant and batch and Inspection Lot Creation in ...

- Cached

Batch quamtity post to blocked stock ...u200E - 6 posts - Jan 19, 2011

Auto scheduling of recurring insp in ...u200E - 4 posts - Sep 23, 2010

Deadline Monitoring: QA07 ...u200E - 10 posts - May 6, 2009

Recurring Inspection ...u200E - 15 posts - Jan 17, 2009

More results from forums.sdn.sap.com »

That's a total of 8 different threads on the topic. There is a ton of info in those threads and you shouldn't have any trouble figuring out how to set up QA07 from them. Along with as few tests in a sandbox you should be good to go!

FF

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created material A with inspection type 09 recurring inspection and 01 Goods Receipt Insp. for purchase order in the QM view of the material master with inspection interval 3 days. Now I created a PO for this material then did GRN with batch number X. material went to QI stock with inspection lot generation. Then results recording and UD done. Batch stock moved to unrestricted use stock. Now as per our requirement material has to go quality stock after three days with inspection lot generation. For this what I have to use. QA07 or QA05 and what selection criteria i need to take so that my requirement gets fullfilled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

QA07 and QA05 do the same job, only QA07 is manually controlled and QA05 is auto scheduled. If are new to QM, first try QA07 in sandbox/development and then go for QA05.

For your requirement:

1. Go to QA07

2. Put material no, plant and batch

3. In the section "additional goods movement at recurring": tick to insp. stock at lot creation

I guess you know the function of initial run in days.

If you want the stock to be blocked on expiration date, then click on the specified indicator.

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. but this QA07 has to be executed daily or after 3 days which is my inspection interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have only one batch of the material , then you know the days and run on that particular period. But if you have seveal materials/batches then these inspection dates will vary depending upon GR dates. So you need to monitor them either on daily basis or on initial run in days.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically you set up the job to run once day. In the screen there is a "window" value. Set this to however forward you want to look for batches that reach their inspection date.

I.e. If the date is the 15th, and the window is "1" then the job will create lots for batches with an inspection date of the 16th or earlier. If you run this job every day, it should only find batches with an inspection date of the 16th.

FF

Answers (0)