Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Scheduling / Unnecessary float / Both forward and backward schedlng

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with the creation of network

We create transactional network through standard network adn their linkage with materials. The network has lot of activities, some sequences are backward scheduled and some are set for forward scheduling. We also provided constraints for the first and last activity. So the network start date adn end date are fixed. However when the network is created using this standard network, float is getting accumulated activities while we need the float at some other activities.

One of the activities in teh backward scheduling has some successors to it, which are decided by forward scheduling. Here my team say that this is the problem, and say that either the whole NW can be backward scheduled or forward scheduled. Is it correct. Why is the dates incorrect with unnecessary floats (though the sequence is correct)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

System will schedule Network automatically both forward and backward. Only thing we are doing is defining which schedule should be done first whether backward or forward.

Please select the scheduling method at network header level.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

That exactly is the problem.

In the network header, I cannot restrict to either forward or backward scheduling, because some subnetworks need to beforward scheduled and some backward. In this situation, float is not getting accumulated at the point of intersection of forward and backward scheduling, but at some other points.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try by creating multiple networks (may be you could keep each network header with different scheduling method).

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We actually do the same thing.

We have one subnetwork with complete forward scheduling and another one with complete backward schedulilng. We would expect the float to be in the connecting link, but the float is getting built at some inbetween activities and MSs. That is the issue.