cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Control - 08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have got a specific requirement from the client. As per his company policy, the deprecaition should get calculate from next financial year for the amount capitalized (new asset purchase / addition of existing fixed asset) during the year.

In order to meet the above requirement, i did the folloiwng configuration

T.Code - AFAMP

New Period control method as "Z01". I have choosen the period controls as follows:

Acquistion = 08

Addition =08

T.Code - AFAMA - creation of new depreciation key

New Deprecaition Key has been configured as "Z001" and assigned the period control method "Z01"

I failed to complete scenario during testing . On search of related mails in SDN.. i found that the following configuratation is required in addition

T.Code - OAVH.

However i am being unable to find the proper document in my scenario (depreciation calculation should be next financial year for the current financial year purchase of assets / addition of the existing asset)

Kindly guide me to do next step.

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you try the changeover enhancement functionality

Thanks

Kameshwar Rao

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

In the 'Period Control - 08' setting screen, on the same row additionally specify 000 in the input field (V_T090Z-PERAFA) under the column 'Period' where the detailed explanation by SAP on this particular field is as shown below.

"Value date period for depreciation/interest calculation

For acquisitions, this is the period after which (and excluding) the system calculates depreciation. For retirements, this is the period up to which (and including) the system calculates depreciation.

Depreciation is calculated from or to the end of the period. For this calculation the first period is always the period 000. In other words, if you want to calculate depreciation from the beginning of the fiscal year you must specify the period 000 (or leave the field blank)."

Kind regards,

John Chin