Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic FPM

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have below requirement.

In one WDA component contains five views V1 , V2, V3 , V4 and V5.

From above component needs to create 3 different roadmaps applications for different process.

Application1: First Process contains following views V1->V2->v3->V4->V5

Application2: Second Process contains following views V1->V2->V5

Application3: Third Process contains following views V1->V4->V5

I know we can create 3 different applications using FPM GAF.

BUT I want create only one dynamic application for all the above process. It should change depend upon the process. Example for First Process Roadmap with 5 views, second Process Roadmap with 3 views(V1->V2->V5)u2026etc

Please explain how can i achieve above requirement, share your suggestions step by step approach. If you have any code snippets please share.

Thanks in advance.

BR

-CW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Please provide inputs.

BR

-CW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is really a complex one and it is not simple to explain in this forum the way you would like to have with detailed information (which would cost more time ).

I can point you to few directions and you have to invest time to explore,learn ,debug..etc.

implement this IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT interface to your component .

1. One of the solution could be working with variants.Say for example you create 3 variants.

On fpm_start event in override_method see which variant is appropriate and set the variant.

2.You can also create more configurations and change the configuration in override_event method.

3.if_fpm_gaf provides several methods and one of them is remove UIBB and ther other one is add_uibb.

You can get the instance of this interface in override_event method. So you can try this solution as well.

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran

Thank you very much for your directions.I do agree requirement is complex BUT i got struck badly .

I would like to go below approach : 3.

My doubts are like

Do i need to create Static FPM application?

How many steps i have to create since it is changing? If it only one roadmap we will create FPM will assign the views directly In my case it is not.

Do i need to create FPM Application/Configurations dynamically.

I am requesting you could you please provide steps for the below approach.

3.if_fpm_gaf provides several methods and one of them is remove UIBB and ther other one is add_uibb.

Thanks in advance.

BR

-CW

0 Kudos

Hi Carlin,

IF_FPM_GAF is the right interface for you! In order to access it, you have to use the FPM Application-Specific Configuration Controller (AppCC). First implement WebDynpro Interface IF_FPM_GAF_CONF_EXIT in your WebDynpro Component. There you will have the method OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF with import paramter io_gaf which implements the Interface IF_FPM_GAF. All you have to do now is to hide or enable the steps you need! (Not the UIBBs)

io_gaf->hide_mainstep( exporting iv_variant_id = 'VARIANT_1' iv_mainstep_id = 'MAINSTEP_3' ).

io_gaf->enable_mainstep( exporting iv_variant_id = 'VARIANT_1' iv_mainstep_id = 'MAINSTEP_3' ).

In your case only one static GAF configuration with one variant is needed, which contains all your steps. Then you just hide or enable the steps according to your logic.

For more info about the FPM, please visit our cookbook:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ui?rid=/library/uuid/e0d500f5-5205-2e10-43a6-dd023a5d0818

Best regards

Jinchi

carlin_willams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jinchi,

Thanks you so much.

You means i have to create 1 Static Road Map contains all the steps.

Based on my request event need to hide and enable right.

Could you please tell how can i get instance of my created FPM Application.

In whcih i will get reference instance of my created FPM Application.

Best Regards

-CW