Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in loading data to infocube from dso - request goes red

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

i need help with this issue experts:

i installed a couple of infocubes from the ones in BI Content and loaded the data to my dso's succesfully through a DTP

now i have the same issue with both my infocubes when i load the data from the dso to the cube and the request goes red:

one of the fields that are coming from the dso is 0UNIT and apparently it contains no data, i checked my datasources in rsa3 in my source system and the specific column is empty there as well,

however once the dso is populated and i move the data to the cube i get the error: key figure <> 0 not allowed for UNIT ''

and the long text is 'the unit/currency 'source unit 0unit' with the value 'space' is aasigned to the key figure '0hc_actqty' with the value 4.000'

any suggestions on what the best way to handle this is?

preferably without loading the data all over again but handle it between dso and infocube

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UNIT field should have some values in the R/3 system. It can't be empty. Please check at your datasource level on why it is being empty during extraction.

If you want to solve this between DSO and cube. Then goto the transformation and for this keyfigure instead of direct mapping, select "Routine with Unit" option.

And inside the routine, use the following code.

RESULT = <SOURCE_FIELDS>-hc_actqty.

UNIT = 'KG' OR 'LB'.

use whatever unit you require.

And you have to do this for all the keyfigures you have in your Infocube.

--- Thanks...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah i was there earlier but i see a

sap_bw / sap netweaver bi 7.0/ release 700 level 023

and a

BI_cont/release 705/level 0001

entries which confused me a bit

i am guessing my bw version is 700, sorry i m just asking so i dont mess anything up

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure yet but i think the problem is here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=198741880

i am just posting this in case someone else is looking into the problem as well

what do you think

(and since i am new to bw, how do i determine my bw version??)

rajkumar_kandula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chances are there that applying SAP Note #1490927 will fix your issue as per the above WIKI.

Before to that check your system status by following steps:

After logging in your system, Goto --> System -- > Status

There in the status window in click on the component information button(appears below to component version)

There you can find your BW version info.