cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove customers "marked for deletion" from appearing in F4 help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is one strange requirement from client as below.

They want to restrict some customers/vendors which they do not use anymore, from appearing in the F4 help of atleast while creating sales orders or purchase orders.

Archiving of deletion customers is not an option as they can't run that program in near future for some issue. Is there any option available so that I can hide those customers / vendors in F4 help which are no more in use ?

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek

Edited by: abhishekgovilkar on Jun 6, 2011 1:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a z search help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

have you solved this problem? I have a similar request. Now the users enter ZZZ in front of the customer name, but do not want them to appear in the search.

Thank you,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if archiving f the master records is not an option one thing comes into my mind. Create a Z-search help for customers/vendors where the "flagged for deletion" indicator is one field in the search-help and exclude the ones that are flagged for deletion.

BR Christian

rane_prashant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a temporary solution customer which are marked for deletion you can change description like "XX" or (DEL) or (DO NOT USE) with addition to existing name.

This will indicate end user not to use this customer/vendor.

B/R

Prashant Rane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for prompt answer, but unfortunately they have clearly asked that they don't want it to be displayed in selection screen only, as list of such customers is more than 4000.

Thanks

Abhishek.