Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dispatcher wad down

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We received complaints from BW users via portal that BPFR now working. Checked the web dispatcher service for the same system on ITS server and found that web dispatcher service for same system was down. It worked fine after starting that service. Could any one please help me where I can find any logs that why we dispatcher service got down as no one did it manually and since when it was down.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

dev_webdisp on that server and also other files in the work directory.

Markus

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

The web dispatcher is on a different windows based ITS server and the BW system attached in on a different UNIX server. So on the UNIX server for SAP; I did not find any file dev_webdisp under work directory.

On the windos server; i found dev_disp under D/ebdispatcher and one dev_disp.old.

From that it appears thar dev_webdisp was edited till some this morning time and then here was a gap of three hours (could be that was he time when web dispatcher was down) . And then I started web dispatcher service from services; it created a new dev_webdisp and renamed the earlier file as .old.

But there is no error log under these files. So I am not able to confirm why and how it got down.

Could you please advise how can I find RCA that why web dispatcher went down.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the WebDispatcher Installation Directory, do you see a huge file with name 'core' or 'coredump'?

Thanks

SM

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

No; there is no core file generated out of any core dump.

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are no logs and information regarding the webdispatcher shutdown, try to enable the -autorestart in the webdispatcher profile so that it gets restarted by self in the event of shutdown.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ae/4bed847ca94816ba46b182cc1c3a24/frameset.htm

sapwebdisp pf=<profile name> [-f <trace file> -t <trace level> -cleanup -shm_attach_mode <mode> -auto_restart -version]

Next time paste the dev_webdis log for analysis.

Thanks

SM

Answers (0)