cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we have to use conver ormodel to represent multiple assignments in ecc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have to copy ECC sales structure to CRM system, I am not sure in which scenario i have to use copy ecc structure and in which scenario I have to use convert orgmodel to represent multiple assignments in ECC.

It would be great help if some one give some examples for both cases.

In our case we have one sales org, 5 distribution channels, 1 division, 10 sales offices and 140 sales groups.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You use copy ecc structure when you want to transfer organization from erp to crm.

You use convert orgmodel to represent multiple assignments in ECC if you need to link one crm org.unit to multiple org.units in erp. By standard you can link one crm org.unit to only one erp org.unit under tab Function in ppoma_crm. If you want to be able to link 1 crm org.unit to multiple erp org.units, then you can use this option.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your message.

It would be great if you give me some examples of multiple orgunits mapping to ECC.

Regards,

Kumar

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Example would be if you would create in CRM for example less complex organization than in erp and then you would like to link crm units to different units in erp. For example you would have in crm one sales group for Europe, while on erp side you would have 2 (west and east). by standard you could link unit from crm to only 1 of thouse 2 on erp side. But with multiple assignments option you could link it to both units. Because field for linking in Function tab is changed to table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still not clear as in my current scenario we have 11 sales offices and around 140 sales groups I have done the copy structure not the multiple assignment one but still I can able to select the function (R/3 orgunit) in all sales offices and sales groups.

My Structure: 1) Sales org

2) Sales office 1

1)Sales group1, sales group2, sales group3

3) Sales office 2

2) Sales group4, sales group5, sales group6 etc..

Thx,

Kumar

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be sure that org.unit is marked as organization, sales office or sales group. Otherwise you can't make the linkage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Just for my understanding can you put levels to org units at which they are assigned something like company at level 1, sales org at level - 2 and so on, so that i can understand where is the problem ...

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your case is ok...

first level) Sales org

second) Sales office 1

third) Sales group1, sales group2, sales group3

second) Sales office 2

third) Sales group4, sales group5, sales group6 etc..

and for that you don't need multiple assignments scenario. Also if above units are linked to erp unit by 1 : 1, you don't need this scenario. But if you want to link certain crm units to erp units by 1: N, then you need multiple assignments scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert.

Answers (0)