cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Price updation in material master

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to update the plan price-1, plan price-2 & plan price-3 in the Costing tab of the Material master. When I try to save the data, error is coming like this:

Message no. MG142

Diagnosis

When you transfer data by direct input or when you distribute data by application link enabling (ALE), the system performs the same checks as in online mode. However, the value 100 is not allowed for the field Purchasing Group.

Procedure

Check what values are allowed for the field in online mode.

I am not able to underastand what to do ? Please advise me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

These prices are required for costing run.

However, my issue has been resolved. The purchasing group field was wrongly given values which were not available in the system by the MM people. I corrected it with a right one and now it is working fine.

Thanks to all of you

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only save a material master if all checks are passed without errors.

even you want change a price, any other fields in material master are checked for correctnss.

I think you have purchasing group 100 in material master but removed this purchasing group from cusotmizing (which is worse for other reasons).

you have to change the purchasing group in material master or add it again in customizing, to overcome this error.

if the purchasing group 100 was used in any purchasing document, then you should create the PGr in customizing anyway again, just rename it to "do not use"., even you decide to change the PGr in your material master.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the purchasing group maintained in purchasing tab? is it 100?