Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog replication based on Product attribute in Web Shop

devendervb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement.

In E-Commerce Webshop the display of the product in the catalog should be based on the new attributes. For eg: for a product, If the published flag is initially set then catalog is replicated succesfully, and the flag is unchecked later on, product should no longer be displayed.

As per me knowledge there should be BAdi to implement this.

kindly provide information,how to achive this task.

Regards,

Devender V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BADI - PCAT_IMS_FEED_ATT for this.

You will get more relevant BADI's in the following path -

SPRO > Customer Relationship Management > Master Data > Product Catalog > Business Add-Ins for product catalog

Hope this will be useful

Regards

devendervb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

it was very helpful answer.

As I am new to CRM ABAP code. If you can provide with some code will help me much.

If possible please send some code template taking example: replication based onflag say field 'ZZ0017'.

Need further information like in SAP Doc it is mentioned as

1) Using the Business Add-In PCAT_IMS_FEED_VAL, you can assign values to attributes during both initial and change replication.

2) With the Business Add-In PRODCAT_LOC_UPDATE you can be informed of all changes to catalog charcteristic lists and catalog item charcteristics of product catalogs.

confused which one to be used.

REgards,

Devender V

Edited by: devender on Jun 6, 2011 7:08 PM

devendervb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

I assume that these BAdis are used to add attributes, or update Product details based on header/item level contents.

There is no BAdi for filtering.

Kindly, clarify.

Regards,

Devender V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devender,

Why don't you try one simple solution. We used this solution in our project and it solved our problem.

Build a custom report program which based on your custom attribute deactivates the product in the catalog. You can schedule this report program to run daily or as per your required frequency.

Now whenever the Catalog replication happens, this product being inactive will not appear in the catalog in the webshop.

rgrds,

Randhir

devendervb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randhir,

As you stated.

Build a custom report program which based on your custom attribute deactivates the product in the catalog. You can schedule this report program to run daily or as per your required frequency.
 Now whenever the Catalog replication happens, this product being inactive will not appear in the catalog in the webshop.

Reply me with more details like, Where we need to add this custom report program, please send custom code and details like where we need to add this program.

-Thanks & Regards,

Devender V