cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order for service should create project and link equipments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a sales order for a service material through VA01. The problem is that this sales order should create a proyect, but at the same time i should be able to associate several equipments to the item position.

The problem is that if I want to create a project, option " Sched.Line Allowed" should be marked for the item category, But if do it, when i create a sales order, if i want to associate 1 o more equipments to my item position, (Extras-->Technical Objects), i get this message "Serial number profile is missing for material..." instead of the table where i would introduce my equipments.

Is there any solution to this problem or should i proceed in a different way?

Thanks in advance.

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

What yu are asking is a project by itself. I will try to handle one by one.

1. Equipment number creation is always automatic. You cannot manually enter in SO. However you can link your material master to a serial number profile which creates equipment number automatically. If the serial number profile is correctly configured with teh right number range and then the serial no profile is linked to the SO, during SO creation, the equipment number will be created and linked to the serial number which is created during SO creation.

2. Creating project at header level and networks/WBS at item levels involves creation of standard projects, Standard WBS elements for the project, standard networks linking the standard WBS element adn then linking the material you are using in SO to the standard network in the transaction code CN08. You can also use classification and VC in SO, to decide the standard network to be used to create teh transactional network.

You shoujld also have your requiement type with account assignment category as Project related.

Please do all these things and then if something is not working, please let meknow.

I am exactly working on the same kind of project in construction industry as of now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha,

Thanks for your quick response, but what I want is to sell a service for one equipment which is already in maintenance (an elevator). The service would be a Reformation of this elevator (or it could be a Reformation for several elevators at the same time). This Reformation should be treated as a project with operations (assembly processing included).

So I should be able to link this/these equipment/s to this service (material type DIEN).

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

We both are working on the same vertical, I am also working now in elevators and escalators.

We have enabled similar (not same) scenario like this.

When order is created (sales order) using serial number profile, serial no and equipment number are generated. I think even during service order, this can be enabled. The only thing you have to do is to create a profile and link that to material master. Please explore in SD and MM. This is easy to do. This will create equpment no for every item in the service order.

We have also enabled the creation of whole project for the order and one WBS element and network for each of the line items adn this happens automatically. This is done as explained earlier. Creation of standard project, std WBS, std network adn then linking the material codes to these objects in CN08. To my knowledge, this is the only way. If there is one standard project, which is linked to all related standard WBS, then during order creation, a WBS element is created after the creation of a standard project. When project is created, service order is linked to the project. So for other items, this project is taken and the WBS and network are created using this project.

Now your assembly processing, production order, Purchase requisition are taken care of by the usage of components overview for activities in the network and object dependencies. For Production orders, you also have standard BOM, which can be linked to activities in the NW. You can control the materials of the standard BOM using selection condition dependencies. You can also initiate variant configuration in service order to maintain the nature of service and then use dependencies to trigger respective assembling, PR etc.

If you want to do this for multiple eqpmts, you can also use functional location, which links multiple equipments to one place.

The only thing you have to do is to configure this and see. Only then you will get ideas.

Pls let me know if you need more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha,

thanks once again for your response.

I have done everything you tell me, but this procedure is valid to sell an elevator. But imagine you have already sold the elevator and therefore you have created an equipment (let's call it: "elevator equipment"). Imagine this elevator in the future needs to be reform, so i need to sell this reformation. One of the possibilities we've been thinking of is to create a sales order for a material "reformation" (type DIEN), associate the corresponding elevator equipment and then this material would generate a service order (we did it and it works). But then, for several reasons, we've thought that it would be better to generate a project for this reformation and we've done it. The problem is that we can't find the way to link this reformation with the corresponding elevator equipment.

We should be able to execute IE03 for our elevator equipment and in "History", we should be able to see the sales order for this reformation.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I understand your process.

We handle reformation also as a sale because in most of our case, we have a complete replacement of the elevator. Your case is little different.

Anyway, I have a suggestion.

We use service contracts for maintenance which dont have the requiremetn type / reqmt class. I think this is the problem.

The item category should be made relevatn for schedule line category adn the requirement type/ requirement class (relevant for TOR). The req class should have the account assignment category as project relevant (D or Q). This will ensure that the material should be linked to a project.

When you create a service order, you will link the material to an equipment and I think you already doing this.

To create create project automatically, you can do the CN08 settings.

The only thing you should enable is to have requirement class which is project enabled. I thinkyou will get the project if you enable a schedule line category for your item and have a project enabled req class for the item category / SLC in TOR.

Try this and if this doesnt work, or if you need more information on this please let meknow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha,

thank you once again. But I think i didn't understand you comment. On one hand you say I should try to create a service contract for this reformation (requirement class and item category are customized as you said, and I have also done the right settings in CN08), but on the other hand you say I should create a service order.

I wanted to avoid creating a service order because I undestand that creating a project from the service contract should be enough. So that's why I don't understand what you say.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

That is my mistake. I used these terms little loosely.

I only meant service contract in all the cases. Hope this makes things clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, Thanks anyway.

In a normal scenario when created a service contract, I would link the material to an equipment selecting the item position and then Extras-->Technical Objects. But it seems that If I thick option "relevant for schedule line category" for the item category, it changes what the transaction shows when trying to add a Technical Object , now instead of seeing the table where i would add my equipments, it pops up a message: "Serial number profile is missing for material".

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I think this is expected.

Actually you have to go to the technical objects and you should be able to see the window to manually populate the equipment number. Check if this is working for you or not.

Also you should have a serial number profile which doesnot create a equipment number. Then this message will not come.

Lemme know if this is not working