cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expert!!

I have been installed IDES ECC 6 Unicode on Win 2003 Server with SQL 2005.

My consultant required to enable the Arabic Language to Arabic interface for the Arab users.

Let me know the procedure how will install the Arabic language for the Arabic users.

What I should care during the Arabic language installation.

I know the SMLT for the language management but I need to be more clarify.

Thanks & Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

please have a look at:

http://service.sap.com/globalization > Resources >  Language Handling and Installation

This document addresses most issues with language installations.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have installed an Unicode system. In that case, I assume your system supports arabic language. The below steps I have done for my landscape for the Arabic language support in the ECC system.

In short :

Step 1 : Activate the NLS Settings via RSCPINST and add the language AR in the key - Then activate it

Step 2 : Then place the zcsa/installed_languages ( Place the default langauge as first), For example if the arabic language wants to be a default one, Place the parameter value as = AE

Step 3 : Once you have downloaded the languages files from the market place corresponds to your release and then import the same via SMLT by mentioning the language and then please do the supplementation language as well.

I am sure its an older post but might be helpful for the person who searches for the similar one.

Regards

Vijay

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you check the globalization language on the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/globalization)

It is a great resource for learning about lanugauge requirements. Arabic is a technically very interesting one versus the boring Western European ones

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What clarifications you are looking for?

Raman