cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain not starting the subsequent process

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on BI 7.0 Platform. Starting today morning we are facing issues with all our process chains. For example, we have a process chain consisting of Start Process -> Info Package -> DTP. This process chain is time based and we never had an issue with it till today morning. The issue is:

The Start Process is successfully completed and started the subsequent process i.e. the Info Package. But the info package is not getting executed.

From the context menu of the info package->display messages-> I have noticed that the INSTANCE is not getting generated (which should be same as the request number during the loading process).

What might be the reasons? Please let me know how to go about this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be the case because the Infopackage step has been corrupted. Just replace the infopackage with another.

If even after that the issue persists , then this will be because the predecesor process is not sending out the correct message indicating its completion. In such a scenario you can check the system for any deadlocks or contact teh BASIS team.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your source system status in terms of RFC, Deadlock, Transaction Log etc., Contact your BASIS team to get the exact status of source system.

Hope it helps.....

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

We carried out the activities as suggested and did not find any issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your prompt response, but did not help us in resolving the issue. But we did able to resolve this issue which goes like this. In our production environment we have two servers (A & B) for load balancing. All our processes were consuming Server-A resources. We now made the process to use Server B and the problem got resolved.

Stating this we are still investigating as to why process chains were not able to trigger subsequent processes with our old settings which in fact were running smoothly earlier.

If I find the root cause, will update this thread accordingly.

Thanks for your support.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found the root cause. As i mentioned we have two servers/instances (A & B) in our BW production environment. There is no RFC maintained for Server-A and were as Server-B has this connection maintained. Earlier our process chains were getting executed by using Server-B which in turn has RFC with ECC system. But due to some change, the process chains started executing using Server-A which did not had RFC with ECC and this the reason why subsequent processes were not getting executed.

Also this issue has helped us to address the following.

1) Maintain RFC between Server A and ECC

2) Grouping the two instances/Servers (A&B) in our production environment

Once we implement the above points. No matter which server (A or B) is used by our process chains, the issue which we faced will not occur.