User Termination Ideal Procedure.
Have come across various discussions and materials mentioning some of the user termination procedures, in case he leave the organisation/retires or is releived, as under:
1. Delete the user ID from SAP Directly.
2. Lock the user id and remove all the roles. Remove the ID later after some months.
Can you guys please highlight what is the implication of following each of these methodology. Pointers are needed only with reference to the best practice & user Lisencing and fees. That is:
a> What is the best practice and WHY?
b> What impact does it have on the user lisencing costs? Do we still have to pay SAP for the locked and not used user?
HERSH GUPTA replied
I would advise the following:
1. Lock the ID on termination date.
2. Put the Validity end to be the same as termination date.
3. Remove all the roles from the ID on termination date.
4. Agree with business as to what should be the cut off time to delete the users from the system without it being referenced for any activity performed by him.
This should work for you.