cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to trigger Idoc to XI. I tried with WE19 but I don't have the Idoc number as it is the first time I am gonna trigger this particular Idoc. How do I trigger this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

To trigger an IDoc from WE19 for the first time, you can enter the Baisc Type or Message Type of the IDoc on the first screen of WE19 transaction and press F8. On the next screen, you will be able to see the IDoc structure showing all the segments of the IDoc.

To fill in the fields of each segment, double click on the segment and enter correct values of all the mandatory fields.

1. EDIDC segment - Control record

Fill in the sender and receiver details and the message type value. (Refer the partner profile for the same)

2. EDIDD or Data Record Segments

For all the mandatory data record segments, enter the values of all the fields which are required in your mapping. The values of the fields can be obtained from the tables. As mentioned by Raj, you can take the help of a functional consultant to get these values.

Once all the data is entered, click on the Standard Outbound Processing button to trigger the IDoc.

Also, since this is only about triggering an IDoc, you can also check if the IDocs are getting triggered properly, by simply filling the control record. You can leave the data segments blank or enter dummy values for fields in data segments, and the IDoc will still get triggered properly and will reach PI (though in PI it will fail).

Also, all the ALE settings (such as RFC Destination from ECC to PI, Port, Logical system, Partner Profile) must be in place for successfully triggering IDocs.

Thanks,

Jyotika.

Edited by: Jyotika Manghani on Jun 6, 2011 12:17 PM

Edited by: Jyotika Manghani on Jun 6, 2011 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyotika

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In WE19, there are many options for testing an IDoc.

you have to select second option (BASIC Type) & fill the same & execute.

Check the errors & resolve the problem here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

configure iDocs via transaction SALE

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take help from function consultant,

1)First you have to maintain data in tables and process should be automated.

2)Some IDoc can be triggere dusing trasaction codes.

you need help from Functional consult here.

Regards,

Raj