cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error - Enter Numeric Value while creating a P.O.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

I have a situation, where I am creating a P.O. and when I am entering freight condition value in this format X,XX0.00, I am getting an error of enter numeric value and Message no: 00052.

Same error is popping up while entering the amount in freight condition.

Please provide the pointers for it.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change Decimal notaion in (SU01 - Default Tab) for user ,through that you are doing transaction. i.e. Suppose if your user is BASIS .Please Run transaction SU01 ,Then set property Decimal Notaion in Default Tab for user BASIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried changing decimal notation in SU3 as my user is not in ABAP. but still I am getting the error.

Is it some specific to currency. I am using USD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep_infy,

Go to SPRO > SAP NetWeaver > General Settings > Set Countries > Define Countries in mySAP Systems.

Then, double click in "US" country.

Check the date format: i.e. X 1,234,567.89

Now, check in your own data (SU3) if you have the same format.

Let me know your results.

Kind regards,

SP

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep_infy,

>

> Go to SPRO > SAP NetWeaver > General Settings > Set Countries > Define Countries in mySAP Systems.

> Then, double click in "US" country.

> Check the date format: i.e. X 1,234,567.89

>

> Now, check in your own data (SU3) if you have the same format.

>

> Let me know your results.

>

> Kind regards,

> SP

this effects how the value is printed if the vendor/customer is located in that country but not how the value is entered by a user, this is only effected from the settings in user master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the decimal notation in User profile SU3 as 1.234.567,89 and while making a Info record, when i enter Gross price condition PB00 as 0,44, the system gives the following message:

INPUT MUST BE IN THE FORMAT ,,_~._V

Please provide pointers!!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am bit puzzeled when I read this value:

do you really enter:

zero comma four four comma ?

or is this comma behind the 4 just a grammatical comma in your sentence here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the value entered is 0,44 only.

if I am changing the decimal notation from 1.234.567,89, then I am able to enter my freight condition value as 2,770.00. But then i am not able to maintain my PB00 condition as 0,44. It gives the error as I wrote in previous post.

And when I change the decimal notation from 1.234.567,89 to 1,234,567.89, I am not able to enter my condition as 2,770.00, it gives a error of enter numeric value.

Hope it better illustrate the situation.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to logout and login again after this change in SU3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have logged out and logged in, I am able to save my Info record condition as 0,50 and my decimal notation is maintained as 1.234.567,89. But, when i am creating the P.O. again I am facing the error of "Enter Numeric Value" while maintaining my freight condition as 2,880.00.

Please help!!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you gambling?

Why do you try to enter 2,880.00 (dot as decimal delimeter) while you entered 0,50 (comma as decimal delimeter) in info record and your decimal notation is maintained as 1.234.567,89.?

the decimal notation in user settings is valid system wide, not only for the info record. of course you have to enter 2.880,00 in your PO with this SU3 settting .

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a lighter note, If SAP permitted, I would have not mind doing gambling too... You never know I might have hit Jackpot!!

let me illustrate you in a different way:

Let say my gross price is 0.55, so as per my decimal notation, I will be entering the decimal as comma, i.e 0,55

This I enter in info record which is correctly maintained.

Similarly, I have to maintain the Freight condition as 2.770,00 (actual value), so as per my decimal notation I will be entering 2,770.00 in P.O. Now, when I enter the above value i.e. 2,770.00, system gives error of Enter Numeric value or value format is not correct.

I hope now you understand the problem better.

My decimal notation maintained in SU3: 1.234.567,89. Do I need to change the decimal notation in the country also??

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exchange comma and dot or change the settings for decimal notation in your user profile with SU3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried changing the dots and commas, then only i am getting this error message of "enter numeric value"