cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump while data loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I am getting dump while data loading from DSO to Cube.My data flow is from PSA(0fi_gl_10) to DSO(0figl_o10) to Cube(0figl_c10).

Dump is DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR. I guess this error is because of huge amount of data that is coming while full load.It's almost

65L records which are coming and which is creating problem.So the strategy that I am following is doing int without data transfer first without any selection criteria and then doing full load on yearly basis. i.e. from 2004 to 2005 then 2005 to 2006 and so on so data will come in chunks and I can go ahead then.My area of concern is when I'll run delta will it lead to any data duplicacy, also in my case I have DSO in between(which can handle data duplicacy problem) but if only cube is there then how can we achieve the same.

Any help will be appreicated.

Thanks,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After running the Delta W/o data transfer, you will run the Repair Full Load & load the data in chunks.

This will not disturb your Delta.

It is always recommended & it's a mandate w.r.t FI related data, that the DSO be positioned in between the datasource & the infocube.

After your Repair Full loads, even if there is a change in the record and that is picked up in the Delta, your DSO should take care of it & send the change records to the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

Thanks for your quick reply, since in my case DSO is there so this will be handled, but what would happen if there is some standard flow in which DSO is not there in between and I have to follow the same mechanism i.e. bringing data in chunks.

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you're aware but FI datasources always have a DSO in between.

You cannot have the Delta directly flowing into the cube.

Please have a look at the below links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/41/4b73415fb9157de10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/45/757140723d990ae10000000a155106/content.htm

If you are looking at other datasources (different functional area), then it depends on your requirement how the Delta fits in it.

Edited by: Vishal Sanghvi on Jun 6, 2011 11:27 AM

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to point out very clear : you can only start running delta loads when the complete history is loaded with full repairs. the sequence of loading is important.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vishal and M I was clear with the concept while we are loading data in DSO just wanted to know the concept for Cube.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you load directly into the cube from psa, you can't use this approach. i can (and will) lead to some data loading more then once

M.