cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg:adding of structuer fields on to portal standard screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have very typical issue where i need to add the custom fields which are added in the pa0021 structure CI .

The fields which are in the table pa0021 should be made visible on portal ess family members application under every subtype.

Tthe two field are of type drop down and other one is date.

we have created domain of type occupation and binded to one field.

Second field is name is mediclaim which is having yes and no values in the domain what it assigned to it.

Third field is date.

Here the problem is when i personalized family members iview for the first i got the custom fields on the screen.

but for date and occupation i am getting label name directly from the data type itself and i am getting values in both fields.

But coming to mediclaim i am not getting label as well as values (yes , no) into drop down.

As the hr consultant modified this mediclaim field name it is giving an error .

Duplicate_id ,duplicate_occupation .

i do have a doubt as this mediclaim and occupation are having the same features like values getting from domain into drop down but why values are not getting to drop down of mediclaim.

can you help me how to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 6, 2011 11:01 AM

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 6, 2011 1:33 PM

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 6, 2011 1:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

For labels not getting displayed, check its data element; make sure you have specified all the Field labels.

For drop down not showing fields, I would suggest you to double check the domain, data element, structure P0021, see if you are ale to see the include CI_P0021and the new data type is visible under this CI_P0021 in P0021. Make sure if every thing is active.

You should be able to get the values in the drop down. Once you go to structure P0021 and double click on the mediclaim component type and then drill down to its domain, there are u able to see the value ranges?

Form your message looks like mediclaim field name it is giving an error. Fix it first and then try. Make sure P0021 structure modifications are complete first. When ever the structure gets modified, try to reboot the J2EE engine so that the meta data cache gets invalidated.

Drop downs should show up, some where some mistake you are doing due to which its not showing. If you cant figure it out then you can try to enhance the help function module (HRXSS_PER_GET_F4_P0021_<country code>)to provide the F4 help for this new field.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

The Customs fields are replicated in portal Dev server in family members application.

But the same scenario when i try to do it is not replicating in QA portal.

when i opened the iview of portal ess and try to personalize there i dnt find any fields under custom enhanced fields tab .

can any please guide me how to replicate the fields .

Thanks & Regards

Deepika.M

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jun 30, 2011 2:37 PM

Edited by: deepika_indian on Jul 1, 2011 9:40 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you followed this path?

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=profile&title=ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification&decorator=printable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Try to use the invalidation tool and see if it helps other wise get the J2EE engine restarted.

Most of the times restart will clear the cashing issues. If its doent gets addressed after restart let us know, we can try to analyze and see whats going on.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar Reddy

i had restarted the portal server,i refreshed cache.even i deleted the iview and created new iview from webdynpro content where all the ess applications will be avaliable under sap.com.and pasted the ivew path under spro.

still the i didnt get any solution.

/thread/1912450 [original link is broken]

Thanks & Regards

Deepika