Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRAA - relationship to SM35 / PRFI & PRRW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am new to the above transaction and will appreciate it very much if I can get some valuable input on this.

A few questions about PRAA:

a) I run it in update mode but i always have to go to SM35 to release the session. Can this be avoided?

b) My interpretation of the purpose of PRAA is really to auto-populate HR data from IT2, IT9 etc and "append" that to the new object created from the reference vendor master. Is there any features etc to goven how the data are retrieved from the HR infotypes? I was reading the program codes and it seems to be coded specifically. Basically, my requirement is to populate the Employee vendor name based on the Payee name field of IT0009 and also address details are to come from specific IT0006 fields. How can i do this?

c) Transactions, PRFI & PRRW - these seem to be related to posting amounts related to travel management. I am not using vendor objects for travel management so am I correct to say that I need not run these transactions?

Thanks in advance, gurus!

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purpose of PRAA is to map your employee record to a vendor (which is sometimes also referred to as internal or employee vendor).  This inegration would allow for instance to track travel advances and expense reimbursement to employees providing you plan to have those travel expenses processed via AP (accounts payables) and not via Payroll.  If the latter, the need for having the employee vendor is of lower value. PS : this integration is also useful whether or not you  are using the SAP BTM solution or not (usually an external solution is looking for the employee number and you are posting the approved invoices against their equivalent vendor)

As per the SM35 session, you can have this session included as a separate step of the same job as PRAA.  The integration point being the session name (the BDC session name is a selection option in both programs)

Job X

Step 1 RPRAPA00 (PRAA)  creating BDC session for variant Vendor Cy 1

Step 2 RSBDCSUB running BDC session for variant Vendor Cy 1

Finally, the payee name is considered and will override the emplloyee name

IF p0009-emftx NE p0001-ename. "KCNK102838

blfbk-koinh = p0009-emftx. "KCNK102838

I am not sure about your question on the address, I would need specifics yto provide you with a right answer ; you already have the choice to specifiy the address type to be used for the creation (providing your HR admin is maintaining those)