cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP Script. I have a requirement to add additional footer part in the existing custom script. I tried creating a new window as additional foter included the text in it. But when I execute the form, it is not showing this added text at all on the form. Is there anything to do with print program? something to link script window with print program something like that? Please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ashwini

Moderator message: please choose more descriptive subject lines for your posts.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jun 6, 2011 11:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

If you could go the layout section and check whether the window is displaying there ,it would be helpful.

settings>form painter->check the boxes that pop-up and then you would be able to see an overview of the layout of your windows.

If your footer window appears and there has to be some issue in calling this window in your driver program.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kevin, I feel the same. I am able to see the window which I created from form painter. And also, when I go to Utilities->Test print-> Print preview, i am able to see the text which I entered in the window I created (this is even when I didnt call my window in driver program). but same I am unable to see thru actual transaction where interface has done.

Pleas suggest.

Regards,

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better in your driver prg call the window to print using write_form as i mention above.

Regards,

Dhina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.My issue is resolved.

Resolution:

1> No need to include the window in driver pgm

2>Include the window in respective page pagewindows->edit->create element->select ur window->enter

3>activate

Regards,

Ashwini

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems tht u might have not called it in Driver program.

please look it in ur driver program tht u must hav written their or if not please write ..

so it will call in the script also ..

and it will resolve ur problem also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

have you copied the window to all pages?

The window will be passed at end of the main-window.

Do you print some hardcoded text in this window with a standard paragraph and character?

Is your window overlapped with the main window?

PLs check and may post some code here.....

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scripts are client dependent , are you testing in the same client as in the one you made changes or a different client?

Also are you printing static text or variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am testing in the same client where I did the changes. I tried debugging also, but it is not triggering the perticular window which I created. But I can be able to see the window in the layout.Script is activated too.

Please suggest something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible that your main window overlaps it ?

Try and print some hardcoded text in the footer.Also the debugger doesnt stop in that window?

The window is never triggered?? try repositioning the window..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey i tried all the options you specified. But the debugger is not going there only. Is there any setting do we need to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you caled the window in your driver program using write_form FM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have included my window in Main page where all other windows are there.And driver program is calling the main window. And some of the other window name I didnt find calling in driver pgm. Can u tell me hw to chk window is called in driver pgm or not? and also tell me is it neccessary call all windows created need to called from driver pgm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to find whether the window is calling your driver prg or not click the fine button in the text type the window name or element name. In that write_form they call window name and element name.

If you want to pass the value from driver program to sap script use the write_form FM. before calling the function module

in the layout we need to create Text Element(/E Element) for the particular window. In the write_form you just pass the

window name and element name like as bellow example.

CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'
EXPORTING 
ELEMENT = SPACE "pass the element
WINDOW = 'MAIN' "pass the window name
*FUNCTION = 'SET'
*TYPE = 'BODY'
*IMPORTING 
*PENDING_LINES =
*EXCEPTIONS 
*ELEMENT =
*FUNCTION =
*TYPE =
*UNOPENED =
*UNSTARTED =
*WINDOW =

we should find the place when we call the foot window that time you have to call the write_form.

Regards,

Dhina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your steps done sound reasonable and i see no problem.

So either you were doing something wrong in the process, or you forgot to activate, or whatever.

Try debugging it. Switching on SAP-Script debugger -> SE71 -> utilities -> activate debugger