cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close asset without manual depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently, we have around 3000 fixed assets for one company code, we want to close asset module for this company code,

most of asset has net book value, we need to bring these asset balance to zero, any solution to close and detail steps other than manual depreciation?

if we go by manual depreciation and assign manual depreciation key to all assets, once we run afab, does all asset NBV will be zero?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

two options we have.

1. Scrap the all assets in ABAVN

2. Reset the companty code all the data will reset includig Master data

SpRO > Financial Accounting (New)> Asset Accounting> Preparing for Production Startup> Tools--> Reset Company Code

for selction of the best option you are right person

satish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Dont know why you wanna do this.. But yes, manual dep would bring the NBV to zero after AFAB

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have these option;

1. ABZU - Write-Up of the assets with complete valus.

2. ABAVN - Asset Retirement by Scrapping

Do not reset the data as it will erase all the data completely without any history in SAP systems. In case you do not want any reference or history then you can use it.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

why write up? for example, I have old asset has net book value 100000 USD, I want to let it to be zero, then I can close the asset module, you suggest write up, I think it should be write down?

can you explain the steps how to write up with complete status? wich transaction type to choose? what do you meant by "complete status"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

can you tell me you want to make it Zero Value in only asset Master value or as well as G\L account also (ASSET ACC A\c , Accumalated Depreciation A\c also).

Why you are closing asset accounting ? explain your problem clearly then we will provide best solution?

satish