Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossgate Canonical Structure

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please clarify a query regarding Crossgate Canonical XML structure.

As per documentation available on internet

"Crossgate has standardized their processes into one canonical form for each transaction type"

we are currently dealing with EDIFACT messages and have a canonical XML structure for each message type ,e.g. for ORDERS

If we switch to some other EDI standard, say, ANSI X12, will this canonical XML structure for ANSI X12 ORDERS will remain the same or do we have different canonical XML structures for ANSI X12.

Basically, what would be the changes in mapping for an existing customer when we switch from EDIFACT to ANSI X12?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If we switch to some other EDI standard, say, ANSI X12, will this canonical XML structure for ANSI X12 ORDERS will remain the same or do we have different canonical XML structures for ANSI X12.

>

as per my knowledge it would be different.

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Thanks for the reply.I too think the same because the qualifiers used in mapping instruction for EDIFACT Orders seem to be specific to EDIFACT syntax.

But then what is the advantage of having a canonical XML which would change for different EDI standard and hence would force PI mapping to be changed ?

Is this fact documented somewhere?

Thanks and best regards,

Shweta

dirk_ostertag
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

I just found your post and I do think I have the right answer.

The advantange of the Crossgate solution in conjunction with PI is that mappings on PI do not have to be changed as all stuff that is specific to a certain EDI format (X.12, Edifact, Idoc, ...) is covered by the Crossgate Layer ( SAP Information Interchange).

Kind regards

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

clarified