Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form translations

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have translated adobe form from English to French, however when i execute function module by passing language as 'FR' it is still showing in English only. what could be the reason??

and also when i open the same form in DE language i don't see any layout it is almost empty, do i need to anything here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member640073
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have recently gone through such issue, and found the similar difficulty, i.e. even after maintaining the translations in the respective language, its not visible at adobe form level.

As per my understanding, the issue is with one of the exporting parameters ( type sfpdocparams ) while calling the adobe function module, where we need to pass the respective language, in which we need to see the required translations.

For example, lets say, if we pass the language field as "sy-langu", and which ever language user login, and if the translations are maintained for the respective logged-in language, then the translations must be visible at adobe form level.

Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Same EN to FR translation not working.

I am creating froms in 100 client and then testing in 200 client.

Initially I was seeing English texts when I executed in client 200 with logon language as FR.

I observed I had the below error in SE63 long text Translation screen "Omitted Objects (Could not be Converted):" with Yellow warning.

SE63 -> Long Texts -> Objname = form name -> EN to US -> EDIT -> CHange the english texts to French texts -> and save ->

Omitted Objects (Could not be Converted):" is seen and you will remain in the same screen how many times we save.

This happens when I save after making the Translations and save.

Then I implemented notes 1488663 & 1552974 Notes.( Kranthi - you may check these forms )

Sometimes now translation works and sometimes it does not.

Repeating the changing the texts to FR and saving - When luckily Translations got saved one time - I logged into FR language and displayed the form in SFP and checked the layout - all texts seen in FR . but when I executed the form from the same screen ( SFP ) - surprisingly I see english texts.

after repeated executions - Suddenly I say French texts appearing.

Then I found one Text still in english,

When I goto SE63 and change it - surprisingly now I see the same error again "Omitted Objects (Could not be Converted):".

I am not sure the note 1552974 really works removing the additional </trans-unit> - becuase I see so many of them even now.

I also tried executing a standard form from SFP in FR login language.It works fine.it displays all texts in FR.

Not sure why this is not working for Cusotm developed forms.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are correct, it is strange that even though they displayed correctly when you log in to FR language while exectuing it still shows english texts.

i gave up as this is very inconsistent, rather when i create separate form with french texts it is working perfectly not using translations, anyway this is needed and also i need to ensure that layout should not be different for different languages as this is the case if we use same form and translate as some languages like greek will extend the texts so layout will change so i am creating new forms for each language though it is not good solutions.

0 Kudos

How did you translate the form? You may check out using SE63. You may refer to link:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8b/4f52cc3b104d0585e2f0ad354fb029/frameset.htm

Try to remember that you are to supply the translated words to be used. I hope this helps.