cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap transaction iview with type user:system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, good morning!

I have developed a transaction in the backend which calls a report and severals dynpros. It is working fine for the users.

Now my team requested that they would like to show this transaction in the portal via "sap transaction iview" but the problem is that 90% of the users are "system" type and when you try to load this sap iview transaction with a type user "system" the following message appears: "Log on with a dialog user".

So, in order to fix the problem we just need to change the user type to "dialog". But the basis team and boss said that we need to pay a lot of money for the users license. I dont have any idea about the price of user type "dialog".

My question is: is there any way to show this transaction in the portal for all of the employees with no need to change the type user? I have been thinking to redevelop this transaction and build a Webdynpro, but I will need 2 weeks to do it. I know that you dont need to have a dialog user to open a Webdynpro Abap, it is enough with a system user.

Thanks for your advise. Have a great day!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The system user type can be used only for internal system processes (-> background processing) or system-related processes (-> ALE, workflow, TMS, CUA)[Look for F1 help for more details].

Dialog logon (using SAP GUI) is not possible with system user.

User Type Dialog logon (SAP GUI)

Dialog user yes

Communication no

System no

Service yes

Service type logon is also for large group of users.

Even for Webdynpro the system user should not be allowed.

If 90% of the users are system users ,Can you explain by what means they will use the SAP system. What is the necessity for having 90% system users?.

Regards

Karthiheyan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiheyan,

The basis team said that the license for dialog users is a bit more expensive than for system users.

I can confirm you that the system users are able to open webdynpro for abap through the portal. The problem is that this kind of users are not able to open iview SAP transaction, this message appears: Log on with a dialog user.

So, is there any easy way to make this sap transaction linkable trough the portal without changing the users type?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (0)