cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail option in knowledge article is not taking to email editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configured knowledge article, Once we select the knowledge article and clcik on add to cart then we click on on Email it is not going to Email editor. I have seen one knowledge article tutor where once we click on email after selecting knowledge article it is going to email editor.

Can any one of you tell me how to achieve this functionality.

We are manually assigning KAs to categories in categorization schema.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The functionality definitely exists in CRM 7.0. I implemented it myself.

Check if the smartform CRM_KNOWLEDGE_ARTICLE exist in your system via transaction SMARTFORMS.

Otherwise ask your developer to help you debug the class method CL_GS_KNOWS_CART_IMPL, EH_ONEMAIL. If your version is same as mine, the attachment is generated at line 36 of the method.

The email button is not an action, but rather it is an event on the WEBUI and the form is actually hardcoded in the method itself.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its resolved now. problem is with class and method.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if this OSS notes, 1465204, applies to you .

Otherwise, you can put a debug in the class CL_IC_KNOWS_CART_IMPL, method EH_ONEMAIL to see what happen. If I remember correctly, it is the standard KA form that is causing exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried with smartform which is part of oss note, but still no luck. Is this E-mail option is really to do with actions/smartforms as I can see in one of the tutror once he click on E-mail from the cart it is taking it to Email editor screen and KA is attaching to it automatically.

Appreciate all the valuable suggestions/inputs.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I meant to say, after you selected all the KA in the Cart, click the Email, button. Doest it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peng,

Its not working, When I clcik on E-mail it is showing no smart form is defined. I am using standard actionprofile for KA in which smartform is already assigned.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the cart section, try to select the attachments. Then you click the Email button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply to this message.

I cant see attachment option in my screen to attach in my knowledge article search.

In cart once I select teh knowledge article I have only 3 options i.e Email, Chat and Delete

Pls let me know how we can email knowledge article.

Regards,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Just a quick tip:

Once the KA is added to the cart you need to select it, then you can distribute it to the end-user via e-mail or chat.

When clicking on "e-mail" make sure that it is the one in the Assignment Block "Cart" and not the one that is located in the general navigation bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Any suggestions on this.

Regards,

Kumar